Welcome to ESSPRITS 2011October 20 — 21, 2011.
University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
The tremendous success of smartphones and the multitude of software applications available trigger a number of interesting research questions about the use of embedded sensors, signal processing methodologies, and the security of personal and technical data. Clearly, these research questions transgress the boundaries of the established technical disciplines and call for an interdisciplinary approach.
This German-Canadian workshop will include researchers from the fields of IT security, signal processing, control and embedded systems to discuss new directions and solutions in these key areas.
The workshop will feature lecture and poster sessions and a panel discussion. Keynote lectures will be on "Challenges in a World of Ubiquitous Computing" and "On the Security of MAC Schemes in the Multi-User Setting".
List of Confirmed Speakers and Panelists
- S. Fischmeister, University of Waterloo
- T. Florio, Research In Motion
- C. Gebotys, University of Waterloo
- R. Legge, University of Waterloo
- F. Karray, University of Waterloo
- M. Kuntz, University of Waterloo
- R. Martin, Ruhr-Universität Bochum
- A. Menezes, University of Waterloo (Keynote Speaker)
- P. Moss, NSERC
- M. Mönnigmann, Ruhr-Universität Bochum
- C. Paar, Ruhr-Universität Bochum
- A. Schmidt, University Stuttgart (Keynote Speaker)
- S. Sundaram, University of Waterloo
- Z. Wang, University of Waterloo